Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Organizing Our Day

Now that Angie is in 2nd grade and Maddie is advancing through Kindergarten level work, I find that in order to keep them engaged and advancing, I have to keep myself more organized so that I know what we've done and where we're headed.  One of the ways I'm trying to do this is through a daily/weekly scheduling process. 

I've long thought (or wished) that planning a semester in advance was the way to go.  And I've actually made the plans several times, but never followed through on them.  So this year, I'm trying to live one week at a time.  It's just enough so that I know where we're going, but not so much that I can't rearrange things easily if we end up doing something other than school on a particular day. 

And to keep the kids in the loop, I've made a weekly check-off chart and daily detailed plans to let them each know (and remind me!) what we're doing each day.  We've used it for two days already and it seems to be going alright.  Now I just need to find a way to make them visible and easily accessible and we'll be in a groove!

No comments:

Post a Comment