Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Star Students

Here are this year's students, posing for their yearly beginning-of-the-year pictures.  We always take our pictures, print them in Jumbo Wallet size on our Epson PictureMate Dash, then glue them to the front of our "All About Me" books, in which we record pertinent information about our physical selves, as well as our likes, dislikes and abilities. 

 
This is Maddie, who grew three inches in the last year.  She is 4, but I keep forgetting that because she acts (most of the time) like all of her 6 and 7 year old cousins.  My personal goal this year is to remember her age and treat her accordingly.  She is very excited about school, and I'm trying hard to make it fun for everyone by playing games and keeping our daily lessons short but meaningful!

 
This is Angie, my 7 year old bundle of boundless energy who can't seem to sit still for much of anything, but has an amazing amount of concentration when it comes to completing arts and crafts.  She will literally climb the walls if left to her own devices for too long.  She also prefers hands on learning activities, and I've told her I'm working on it and she's being patient with the worksheets and reading we've been doing so far.

 
Although not one of my students, when I saw the filename "Girl with Nice Boots" on my computer, I couldn't help but open it and see what it was, because I never name my photos.  And this is what it was, courtesy of Angie (who really prefers to be called Angelyn, but who settles for Angie because I never remember to call her Angelyn unless she's in trouble for something :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment